The Ethics and Risks of mRNA Human Genetic Modification
by Glen Jackman | Posted October 22nd at 6:43am
You made all the delicate, inner parts of my body and knit me together in my mother’s womb. Thank you for making me so wonderfully complex! Your workmanship is marvellous—how well I know it. You watched me as I was being formed in utter seclusion, as I was woven together in the dark of the womb. You saw me before I was born. Psalm 139:13–16 (NLT)
The above text written by the prophet king David, informs us from the Bible, that we are created by God and under his Sovereign watch-care whilst we are forming in the womb from the very beginning of conception. David’s prophetic text expands to inform us that all children are allocated by God as know individual souls to be born into a human experience! — which is profound and illuminating. “You saw me before I was born”.
I argue that the aborted child is to be viewed with the same compassion and overarching joy that every single child of every single nation should be known as in fact, a wonderful image of our Lord’s kindness to humanity — to his Sovereign rule over all his creatures! oh my, the Love of God is so immense toward man and woman!
I believe it is imperative that the remnant of the sanctified church reckon with the glory of our Lord to be known when you look mindfully into a child’s eyes. Moreover, in Genesis 1:27, Moses as a great teacher of justice and mercy, reckons the truth that the child forming in the womb is: created in the image of God: So God created man in his own image, in the image of God he created him; male and female he created them.
Knowing this, many born again Christians, are choosing to not receive any vaccine utilizing gene therapy based on human mRNA which would never have been achievable without historic abortions upon which the genetic coding used to make the mRNA vaccines are sourced. The theologian, Dr John Piper makes some observations for Christians who are pro-life here noted: 1, 2
Science Magazine, early on reported that at least five coronavirus vaccines under development in the States were created using one of the two human fetal cell lines. But thereafter it became clear that the two leading vaccines here in the States, those from Moderna and Pfizer — the vaccines currently being shipped — though they do not contain these fetal cell lines, they have indeed relied on the code discovered from two aborted fetuses.
In the case of Moderna, this claim has since been called into question. But in either case, it was later reported that both Moderna and Pfizer used the HEK-293 cell line in the testing phase of their vaccines’ effectiveness. So while there appears to be less of an ethical dilemma concerning the composition of the Pfizer vaccine, and possibly the Moderna vaccine, both raise yet another ethical dilemma for some pro-life people over the use of fetal cell lines in the testing phase.
As we record, ethically derived and ethically tested coronavirus vaccines (without the use of mRNA) are in process, but they are much slower in development and will likely be more expensive, rarer, and more difficult to get. That’s the prediction at least. So should committed pro-lifers get the fast, available, free vaccines? Or should they wait? Pastor John was asked: how do you think through these ethical dilemmas? His following observations are pertinent.
We should never do evil that good may come. First observation: in Romans 3:8, some of Paul’s adversaries accused him of “do[ing] evil that good may come.” Paul responded to this, that it was a slanderous charge. In other words, he distanced himself from that kind of ethical stance. And I think we should too. We shouldn’t do evil that good may come. God alone has the infinite wisdom to manage an entire world of sin in which he can turn horrible things for wise and good purposes. He never tells us that we have such wisdom; we don’t. We are to live our lives guided by the principles he reveals in his word, not by our calculations about how much evil we can conjoin for some greater good. So, if we really believe that the killing of unborn children is abhorrent to God and falls into the category of the shedding of innocent blood, for which God’s judgment fell, we should not think of turning this wickedness into a wonder drug to save our lives. We should not do evil that good may come.
We value Christ and his kingdom more than security or health. Second, God frequently, in the Bible, calls us to do things and avoid things that are very costly to us personally, in order to demonstrate that Christ and his ways are more precious to us than safety or security or comfort, and that we sacrifice in order to do what’s right. When we are told not to return evil for evil (Matthew 5:38–39), or that we should love our enemies (Matthew 5:43–44), or turn the other cheek (Matthew 5:39), or go the extra mile (Matthew 5:41), or do good to those who hate us (Luke 6:27), all of those kinds of commands are designed to show that we are not in bondage to this world, and that the deepest contentment of our lives does not flow from needing to avoid risk or show vengeance. By denying ourselves comfort or satisfaction or safety for the sake of testifying to Christ’s value to us, and testifying to the sanctity of another person’s life, or testifying to our hope for another person’s well-being, or testifying to our confidence in God’s reward beyond the grave, when we deny ourselves in that way, we aim to exalt Christ and his ways over mere self-preservation. So, if a scientist avoids using tissue and organs harvested from babies killed in abortion, or if an ordinary citizen avoids using a medication that they know has been developed specifically through such harvesting and research, the aim is that the Christian conscience is preserved and Christ is made much of as more valuable than any security or safety or health we might get through sin.
We testify to the sanctity of life. Third, avoiding such research and avoiding the use of the products of such research is only one way of testifying to the truth and value of Christ in the sanctity of the unborn persons. But another way that should be added is the proactive engagement in whatever way we can to speak and act against the taking of innocent human life in the womb and the use of those children for research and experimentation.
So, I’m saying renunciation (that is, the avoidance part of our ethics), which is being asked about — Do we avoid the medication? — the renunciation of the use of such drugs has value. Yes, it does. And supplementing that value should also be the proactive engagement of resisting and discouraging abortion and the use of aborted babies in research.
God blesses principled action in his name. And the final observation, the fourth one that I would make, is the one that’s most difficult to articulate, but may be the most important. The observation is that acting on principle — in this case, the principle that we do not want to be complicit in the desecration of dismembered human beings — acting on principle often does not look like the most obvious way to be a blessing to the greatest number people.
For example, if you try to act on the principle of not participating in the desecration of these children by avoiding medicines developed from their dead bodies, someone will say, “But look, look at all the good that is coming through the medication.” And they will say that they can’t see the good that may be coming from your principled action. So, what I’m saying here is this: God has ways of honoring and blessing and multiplying the effectiveness of principled action in his name, which, to the human calculation, may appear futile.
This is certainly the case with many martyrdoms in history, for example, or other kinds of sacrificial principled actions, which didn’t look like they were going to have any payoff at all for the suffering person or their family, or for the cause of Christ — just a dead-end street at the stake of suffering. The sufferers simply acted because their consciences wouldn’t let them do otherwise, while the world sees that as futile and foolish. “Just save yourself and your family and others and stop denying yourself the privilege of life or health or prosperity.”
And my point again is this: God is God. He honors integrity and principled action that is rooted in his truth and his beauty and his worth, even where the world cannot see the point. We have no idea what explosive effects, in the depths of God’s providence and purposes, our principled action might unleash by God’s grace.
So, I’m saying, let’s not act as researchers or as ordinary consumers in a way that desecrates the bodies of unborn victims and treats those children as though they can be killed and their tissue harvested for our benefit.
Media, politics, and the propagandist echoing complaints of the world.
Enter summer of 2021: The mainline media has been publishing many articles that blame conscientious Christians for the lack of success of the vaccines and new increasing cases of Covid 19. Their bully pulpit echoes the media-driven vilification lassos all of humanity who resist. This includes resisting due to the experimental nature of the vaccine, others who rely on the immune system or alternate protocols, those who will not partake of any drug-related mRNA code from aborted fetuses, and those who have a high risk of cardiovascular harm.
Unfortunately, this divisive propaganda-empowered voice is promulgating an Orwellian message worldwide — a narrative now shared by many vaccinated Christians who use dark sarcasm about their own Christian congregants via Social Media. They metaphorically relegate others to the whipping post for an alternate view depicting vaccine hesitancy — including politically conservative views. Only after this clear defiance of respect for the freedom of conscience within the enlarging gate of Christiandom, does it now seem that the wide-gate church is going neo-dystopian, following the world. This reminds me of Nazi Germany’s rising then voted by the masses into totalitarianism.
The Dim Hypothesis is that this vaccine has also become the current modus operandi for the sifting of the church. Oh Church, we must put on the eye salve of the Spirit that we may see the truth of this onerous agenda, and get out of Babylon by crying unto the Lord for freedom from having any part with this world’s tyranny. I trust that the Sovereign Lord will guide and lead us by revelations along the Allegiant Way.
Let’s look at the mRNA Factual Dangers:
- Robert Malone invented the mRNA and DNA vaccine core platform technology. He has grave concerns about the lack of transparency of side effects, censoring of discussion and the lack of informed consent that these bring.
- Free SARS-CoV-2 spike protein is biologically active — contrary to initial assumptions —and causes severe problems. It is responsible for the most severe effects seen in COVID-19, such as bleeding disorders, blood clots throughout the body and heart problems. These are the same problems we now see in a staggering number of people who have received the COVID-19 vaccine.
- The spike protein also has reproductive toxicity, and Pfizer’s biodistribution data show it accumulates in women’s ovaries. Data suggests the miscarriage rate among women who get the COVID vaccine within the first 20 weeks of pregnancy is 82%
- Israeli data show boys and men between the ages of 16 and 24 who have been vaccinated have 25 times the rate of myocarditis (heart inflammation) than normal.
- The COVID-19 injections have emergency use authorization only, which can only be granted if there are no safe and effective remedies available. Such remedies do exist but have been actively censored and suppressed.
To counter politicized groupthink of the media and the ensuing public echo, dedicate some serious time to listen to How to save the world, in three easy steps, or take a shorter 15 minutes to listen to the wisdom of Dr Malone. mRNA inventor, as he discusses the bioethics of the mRNA vaccines with a PhD Bret Weinstein, and an entrepreneur, Steve Kirsh about the flawed vaccines.
Proof of mRNA from aborted fetuses
One of the erroneous arguments that pop up in the news is that the abortions occurred due to a medical necessity; a potentially deformed or a child with a health anomaly; or a risk to the mother in childbirth. This is based on a misapplied term, “Elective Abortion” – a personal moral judgment masquerading as medical terminology. This use in the media is clarified by The Journal of Ethics, American Medical Association. Excerpts describe this ethical confusion when speaking or writing about mRNA used in the Covid vaccines.
- Every abortion is elective. No pregnant woman with health problems is required to terminate her pregnancy—she can choose to deliver a baby with a disability or a terminal condition, risk her own health to deliver a baby, or decide the risks outweigh the benefits and choose abortion. But like women considering non-medical risks and benefits of pregnancy and parenthood, every woman analyzing medical indications for abortion also has a choice.
- Alternatively, perhaps no abortion is elective. Pregnancy is a radical bodily change, and the risk of death from childbirth is 14 times higher than from abortion. Deciding whether to bring a new child into the world is a serious moral commitment and doing so can cause some women economic or interpersonal harm that could result in deeper or more sustained suffering than many medical conditions. Several physicians who perform abortions have told me that many of their patients do not perceive themselves as having any choice at all—dire social circumstances lead them to see abortion as their only option.
- The term elective abortion or voluntary abortion presents a perceptive dichotomy — confusedly describes the truthful interruption of pregnancy before viability is at the request of the woman, but not for medical reasons.
- Most abortions done today are elective, and thus, it is one of the most frequently performed medical procedures. Thus, using the term correctly an elective abortion is the interruption of a pregnancy before the 20th week of gestation at the woman’s request for reasons other than maternal health or fetal disease. Most abortions in the United States are performed for this reason.
Christian leadership advocating mRNA Vaccination
The USA and Canadian media such as the New York Times, CNN, and Vox, CBC, and Globe and Mail vilify those that oppose the vaccination. They focus on the American Republicans, the conscientious unvaccinated – both Christians, as well as properly informed individuals who will not go ahead and be subservient to the government.
In an Orwellian way, they have radically blacklisted 12 key activists as if criminals, for the waning number of people getting vaccinated. The latest is Vaccine Passports are coming to Quebec, supported by Trudeau to encourage the hesitant to get the vaccine now.
Social media giants like Facebook, Google, and Twitter continue to censor freedom of speech advising this view — that the whole truth is not being told, but rather hidden. Many clinical doctors are censored for use of alternative treatments such as Ivermectin, Hydroxychloriquine, and others.
Aborted Fetuses for Gene Modification Continues. The world has put a certain amount of trust in Dr Fauci who has had a great influence on the world’s politicians and lock-step viewpoint on mRNA. As noted in Nature, he is further funding the use of mRNA from aborted babies for ongoing experiments to humanize mice. 3
The inventor of mRNA defines Four Flawed Assumptions. Dr Malone, who is not anti-vax — but is rather vaccinated — created the mRNA technology, states that there are four problems that world politicians are unaware of, while the Biden Administration in the USA and Trudeau in Canada push the vaccine program overlooking grave concerns. Malone points out four flawed assumptions that raise ethical questions in his blog. 4
- The first is that universal vaccination can eradicate the virus and secure economic recovery by achieving herd immunity throughout the country (and the world). However, the virus is now so deeply embedded in the world population that, unlike polio and smallpox, eradication is unachievable. SARS-CoV-2 and its myriad mutations will likely continually circulate, much like the common cold and influenza.
- The second assumption is that the vaccines are (near) perfectly effective. However, our currently available vaccines are quite “leaky.” While good at preventing severe disease and death, they only reduce, not eliminate, the risk of infection, replication, and transmission. As a slide deck from the Centers for Disease Control has revealed, even 100% acceptance of the current leaky vaccines combined with strict mask compliance will not stop the highly contagious Delta variant from spreading.
- The third assumption is that the vaccines are safe. Yet scientists, physicians, and public health officials now recognize risks that are rare but by no means trivial. Known side effects include serious cardiac and thrombotic conditions, menstrual cycle disruptions, Bell’s Palsy, Guillain Barre syndrome, and anaphylaxis.
- Fourth, unknown side effects which virologists fear may emerge include existential reproductive risks, additional autoimmune conditions, and various forms of disease enhancement, i.e., the vaccines can make people more vulnerable to reinfection by SARS-CoV-2 or reactivation of latent viral infections and associated diseases such as shingles. With good reason, the FDA has yet to approve the vaccines now administered under Emergency Use Authorization.
1 John Piper: Can I Take The Vaccine Made from Aborted Babies?
2 John Piper, Desiring God, republished in Grace Proclaimed blog
3 Nature: Humanizing Mice
4 Dr Malone’s blog
Article posted by Glen R. Jackman, founder of GraceProclaimed.org
Glen has optimized his eldership role to teach the full scope of the New Covenant of Jesus Christ without
You can read his testimony.